Focus On Your Family.
The Expert Divorce & Family Law Attorneys of Kaspar & Lugay, LLP Will Handle The Rest
Divorce & Family Law Attorneys
Based in Marin County, CA and with offices that serve Marin County, Napa County, Contra Costa County, Santa Clara County, and Santa Barbara County, Kaspar & Lugay LLP is a dynamic and progressive law firm focusing on divorce and other family law matters. Additionally, our experience in tax and business law matters allows us to effectively represent clients in high value divorce cases.
Dedicated to providing you exceptional personal service and effective legal advocacy, we recognize that family law disputes can be fraught with emotional turmoil and stress. Our lawyers strive to reduce the stress for our clients while zealously guarding their rights.
Legal issues that affect you or your family personally usually cause a great deal of stress. Our goal is to protect your interests while aiming to eliminate the stress and emotional turmoil that you may be experiencing. We can help you through a wide range of family legal matters.
We handle everything in the family law realm: Divorce, high-net-worth divorce, spousal support (alimony), child custody & visitation, Child support, palimony, prenutial agreements, postnuptial agreements, LGBTQ and same-sex divorce, military divorce, domestic violence and DVRO, unmarried couples and domestic partnerships, and child support.
See All Family Law Practice Areas
Divorce & Family Law
We provide families with effective solutions and staunch legal advocacy throughout the separation and divorce process.
- Divorce for Professionals. For those in a professional career – attorneys, doctors, CPAs, etc. – there is often more at stake when it comes to divorce. Our skilled and financially savvy team (our founding partner is also a CPA) knows how to navigate the unique challenges of divorce for professionals.
- High Asset Divorce. If you are a high earner or have a significant amount of wealth and assets, you’re going to need a forensic accountant as well as the expertise and diligence of experienced attorneys who regularly deal with high asset divorce.
- International Divorce. Whether you or your spouse moved for work, or for other reasons, international divorce can be quite complex and you’ll need somebody who is adept at understanding the nuance and scope of your unique situation.
- Legal Separation. Simply moving out of the house is not being legally separated. Learn what you can expect during this process.
- Uncontested Divorce. Uncontested divorce means there is full alignment in terms of division of assets during a divorce. This is extremely rare where children and/or assets/property are involved.
- Out of State (Interstate) Divorce. Much like international divorce, those who live in separate states may be subject to inconsistent rules, procedures and protocol in different jurisdictions.
A child’s best interests must remain at the forefront in any custody and support dispute. We tenaciously protect the rights of our clients and their children in child custody and visitation matters as well as child support proceedings.
- Child Support Modifications. California child support orders are based on numerous factors, including both parents’ financial situations and circumstances at the time of their divorce. At Kaspar & Lugay, LLP, we understand circumstances change and our expertise allows us to assist you in seeking a modification to your existing child support order.
- Custody & Care of Special Needs Children. At our family law firm, you will work with a lawyer who recognizes and understands all that you are going through as you seek a stable future for yourself and your special needs child.
- Interstate Child Custody Disputes. Child custody is very often the most highly emotionally charged aspect of a divorce or separation. While our firm cannot promise to remove the painful dilemmas associated with an interstate or international child custody dispute, we can offer clear direction.
In a high net worth divorce in the Bay Area, as well as in households of more modest means, our attorneys draw on our experience in high-stakes litigation and our finance and tax backgrounds to obtain the most favorable property division settlement or judgment possible.
- Startups: Early Employees, High Level Employees & RSUs. Startup founders going through divorce tend to face more complex issues during property division proceedings because their stake in the company could be worth a considerable amount of money or very little if the company fails.
- Startups: Employees & RSUs/Equity. For employees going through divorce, understanding the vesting and distribution schedule of their RSU grant becomes incredibly important because these schedules not only determine when the employee is awarded equity, but how much that equity is worth.
- Startups: Founders & RSUs. At Kaspar & Lugay LLP in Corte Madera, California, we help startup founders and business owners alike handle the challenge of valuating and dividing community property, including RSUs, in divorce settlements.
- Personal and Inherited Property in Divorce. We enter each California divorce case we handle with determination to understand every nuance and find the best strategic approach. In matters of company, project, and franchising valuation, we turn to the most qualified industry experts, forensic accountants, and other professionals available to assess our clients’ positions.
We understand the many nuances of California law related to spousal support and alimony and we will diligently pursue a fair permanent award through the discovery process and trial when necessary.
Bay Area Law Firm
Over 35 years of experience
Whatever your reasons, let us fight for you. We will get you what you deserve.
Based in Corte Madera, CA (Marin County, near Mill Valley), with additional offices in Contra Costa County (Walnut Creek, CA), Santa Barbara County (Santa Barbara, CA) and Napa County (Napa, CA), Kaspar & Lugay is characterized as a firm that handles sophisticated issues as well as uncomplicated matters with the highest level of competence and efficiency. We also represent clients in and around San Francisco, California and the greater Bay Area.
Our California divorce lawyers and family law attorneys have strong litigation backgrounds and approach each case with the dedication, experience and effort to achieve their clients’ desired results.</span>
Contact us, it will be the first time in years you've been this satisfied.
We know how you feel, because we’ve been there. Let us help you get through this.